Responsibilities will include:
- Logging and managing incoming requests for support via the helpdesk system, phone, walk-ins, and email
- Escalating incoming support calls to other members of the IT or other departments / suppliers as appropriate
- To provide first and second line IT and AV support services to the schools’ staff, pupils, parents, and guests
- Configure, test, and deploy end user devices including laptops, tablets, desktop PCs, phones, and printers
- Ensure that all aspects of the schools’ support processes are documented and kept up to date
- Manage (create, amend, delete and report) user accounts on all education systems including m365, Active Directory and other learning and administrative school systems
- Assist in the onboarding process of new starters, ensuring that all PCs, laptops, software, peripherals, accounts are working on the first day
- Assist with the deployment of computers, including mobile devices to staff and students
- Ensure all classrooms and equipment are maintained and in optimum working order
- Maintain the IT asset and configuration management databases
- To provide instruction to staff in the use of end user IT and AV facilities and services
- Facilitate the process of equipment loans to staff and pupils
- Help with IT for events including (but not limited to) open evenings, entrance exams, open days, assemblies, concerts, plays and external speakers
Support Technician Duties:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your networking career. On passing your Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain professional recognition for the Register of IT Technician (RITTech).
We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Comprehensive introductory modules to technical concepts
- Training for all pathways of your IT career (support technician, network technician, digital communications technician)
- Specialising in a portfolio of evidence for the Support Technician pathway
- e-learning training materials
- Bi-weekly virtual classroom training on all options of the apprenticeships.
- Access to virtual labs to develop technical competency
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9 am – 5 pm Support desk for technical support
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Option for vendor and technical certificates- e.g., CompTIA
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.