Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
NEXUS OPEN SYSTEMS LIMITED
As an apprentice with Nexus, you will learn to provide excellent customer service and promote the Company's vision to be the most respected IT service provider in the UK.
This role will offer:
- Experience of all technical departments within Nexus
- Service Desk Skills: Working on the service desk, shadowing existing technicians and gaining service desk experience
- Project Management: Work with the assurance team ensuring documentation and project control processes are adhered to
- Project Delivery: Shadow the project delivery team on major projects from infrastructure installations to unified communication upgrades
- IT Life Cycle: Work with the sales support team on certificate / domain / hardware and software renewal processing, understanding the lifecycle of technology
Your Responsibilties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service and promoting Nexus’s vision to be the most respected IT service provider in the UK
- Maintaining professional respectful demeanour whilst working in all areas of the business
- Ensuring work assigned is completed within the agreed timescales
- Ensuring coursework submissions are high standard
In return, Nexus offer you:
- Additional training outside of apprenticeship scheme to increase your skills
- A good working environment with numerous social activities including charity work
- A staff appreciation / reward system where good feedback can be converted to gifts such as Amazon vouchers
- Opportunities to expand both functional and business capabilities through learning and development
- Discounted rates on technology products
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the Company intend to offer a permanent employment contract should there be a vacancy. To apply, you should follow the 'Apply' link where you will need to attach your CV. Your CV should highlight the relevant skills you have and the reasons why you want to start an apprenticeship in this area. For further information and advice, you can contact the Apprenticeships and Employment Hub at Exeter College on 01392 400908.
Please consider your travel arrangements when applying for this job role. Applicants should be able to travel to the place of work at Pynes Hill in Exeter on a daily basis, as well as to Exeter College for one day per week.
- Enthusiastic about technology and customer service
- Willingness to continuously learn in a fast-paced environment
- Presentable and with a confident telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Able to look at a problem and follow logic to determine the root cause and potential resolutions
- Understanding the concept of an outsourced I.T. helpdesk and therefore identifying customer needs and managing expectations within contractual commitments.
- Confidence and ability to feedback on issues that may hinder call progression and escalation
- Basic understanding of Windows Server administration (Provisioning users, resetting passwords)
- An understanding of networking and basic troubleshooting tools (Ping, NSLookup, Tracert)
- Experience at installing operating systems, software and hardware, even if only for home use
- Familiarity with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- A keen desire and willingness to learn
- Confident communicator
- Reliable and flexible
- A positive outlook to work
- 5 GCSE's including English Language and maths grade 4-9 (A-C), or equivalent.
- BTEC in IT, or equivalent experience
You will receive regular training at the place of work with the support of an experience team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College for one day per week to work towards achievement of the following:
- Advanced Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (Standard)
- Functional Skills in IT, English and maths, where applicable
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.