Responsibilities will include:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support - diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware - Android, Windows, and Mac
- Supporting software development and implementation
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
- Use of a ticketing system for task allocation/monitoring
Digital Communications Technician Duties:
- Complete cabling tasks for example coaxial, copper, fibre or remotely
- Install and commission computer or telecoms hardware
- Maintain computer systems or telecommunications networks
- Research solutions to maintain network communication architectures
- Monitor and report telecommunications or communications systems performance to enable service delivery
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your networking career. On passing your Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain professional recognition for the Register of IT Technician (RITTech).
We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Has good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
We require someone who is educated to GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Comprehensive introductory modules to technical concepts.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Training for all pathways of your IT career (support technician, network technician, digital communications technician)
- Specialising in a portfolio of evidence for the Digital Communications pathway
- e-learning training materials
- Bi-weekly virtual classroom training on all options of the apprenticeships
- Access to virtual labs to develop technical competency
- Monthly work-based coaches visits and competency checks
- 9 am - 5 pm Support desk for technical support
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Option for vendor and technical certificates - e.g. CompTIA
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.