Level 3 First Line Tech Support IT Apprentice
MARLEY COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
This role is ideal for a keen and enthusiastic individual with a passion for IT and a great attitude as a team player, who is willing to learn and develop skills as a network infrastructure technician or would like to develop a career as an IT engineer.
As an apprentice your responsibilities will include:
- Install, configure and support all company supported Operating Systems, software & hardware and network infrastructure
- Attend client sites to perform various aspects of computer services and support
- Provide Remote support through the Internet and Telephone
- Always seen to be helpful when dealing with clients, and display professionalism and patience when offering advice and support
- Comply with Company Procedures
- Comply with Company Health & safety regulations
Marley Communications offer a competitive wage for starting apprentices which is above the apprenticeship minimum rate. This is a field-based role where you will have access to a company pool car. Depending on your home location, there is the option to travel to either Bideford or Kingsteignton offices to access the pool car with your supervising engineer.
There is the possibility of the post becoming permanent after successful completion of the apprenticeship. They may also be an opportunity to progress onto further apprenticeship programmes.
From 1 April 2019 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. From This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- Evidence of a real enthusiasm for IT
- Good face-to-face and verbal communication skills
- Driving licence (clean) essential to travel between sites
- A passion and willing to learn and develop skills in IT
- Enthusiasm and a professional attitude
- Team player
You will ideally have at least 5 GSCE’s A-C (4-9) Including maths and English, or equivalent
Training will take place on-the-job in addition to weekly attendance at Exeter College.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician (Standard)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (where required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free