HOURLY WAGE - £5.25 - £8.91 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND AGE
The successful applicant will be enrolled on the Lv3 apprenticeship scheme, working 30hrs a week including their off-the-job training, covering shifts Monday to Friday between 7 am and 4.30 pm.
The applicant must have GCSEs or equivalent in English and maths. It is preferable for the applicant to have a level 2 and/or experience in early years but not essential.
Applicants who apply will be requested to complete our Job Application Document via Google Docs. Successful applicants will be invited for interviews and requested to apply for a DBS check and provide 2 professional references including your last employer.
The applicant will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of child development and their understanding of the EYFS to support their key children within settings.
- Support and supervise children in their play, including extending their learning
- Support children in making progress by planning for children’s developmental progress
- Work within the team to provide a safe and stimulating learning environment – indoors and out.
- Carry out routine chores such as, and not limited to; snack time, lunchtime, sleep times, washing up, toileting, nappies, cleaning etc.
- Work in partnership with parents to share information about the children, discuss children’s progress and support in transitions.
- Work in partnership with additional roles to support the children such as, but not limited to; Health
- Visitors, Speech and Language, Senco etc
- Complete further training in food hygiene, safeguarding, first aid and more.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and supervisions
- Possible full-time position as an Early Years Educator
- Continue on to further education in early years and other routes
- Forest School training
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Able to complete written reports for children to share with family
- Plan and provide stimulating and exciting environments
- Have good communication skills to communicate with colleagues, families, and other agencies
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to use own initiative
- Willing to undergo further training and professional development
- Enjoys spending time outdoors
- Have a fun and exciting personality
- Creative and imaginative
- English and maths qualifications required
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required