What will the apprentice be doing?
Join us as we support the energy transition towards a zero-carbon economy!
This service engineer training apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced heating engineers in the field alongside studying for your Gas Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at college.
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will:
· Complete the full range of gas and electrical related tasks associated with the repair, service, and maintenance of Baxi products.
· Attend in-house, college and engineer accompaniment training as and when required.
· Provide feedback by the completion of a logbook on a weekly basis, listing the main duties carried out.
· Develop good working relationships with colleagues and support them when required
· To act as an ambassador for Baxi Heating UK at all times
· To comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures and draw to their manager’s attention any unsafe working practice/conditions
· To comply with the Information Security Policy.
· To comply with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful Apprentices will complete a Level 3 apprenticeship over 2 years and be expected to attend college on a block release basis (a minimum of 17 weeks residential training at James Watt College in Birmingham plus other locations in the first year) and complete all work required for the qualification below to agreed timescales:
· Level 3 Gas Engineering Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, embark on the next stage of our Career Development Pathway.
Reality Check• The apprenticeship requires you to travel throughout its duration – so ability to travel and stay away from home is essential. • Baxi will pay all travel and accommodation costs • Ideally you will have a driving license, but this is not essential.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired