What will the apprentice be doing?
- During the Dental Nurse Apprenticeship you will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required to become a qualified dental nurse and have a successful career in dental nursing
Your daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist in providing safe and effective treatments to patients, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
- Proving patients with a high level of care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of ongoing employment and further development following completion of the dental nursing qualification
Reality CheckIf you are using public transport to get to this employer, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular service is available. It is a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B vaccines and a clear, enhanced DBS. Please also note that you will be required to undertake FIT mask testing to become a Dental Nurse.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired