- You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting high-quality dishes within the assigned section each day
- You will help prepare elements and ingredients for the dishes before service using various techniques and methods
- During service hours you will work closely alongside the commis chefs to ensure dishes are being prepared to the highest quality
- You will work a 4 day week involving a lunch and dinner shift
Staff meals will also be provided as well as the laundering of your apron. There will be organised staff trips to suppliers to better understand where our produce comes from.
We would hope at the end of your course you would join us as a full-time part of the team & depending on the knowledge, skills & passion you have developed through your course this would hopefully be to advance to a more senior position.
- Knowledge and ability to run a section
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to manage Commis Chefs
- Ability to produce good quality food in all sections
- Good oral communication
- Team player
- Keen to learn
Previous experience in other kitchens.
- Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- How to best coach commis chefs
- Developing preparation and cooking skills
- Advancing knowledge on cooking techniques
- Training with more advanced cooking equipment i.e water baths, chargrills, vac pack machines & smokers
- Allergen training
- Cross-training on different sections within the kitchen