Level 3 Business Support Apprentice
Dys Space Ltd
As an apprentice, you will be working within our Central Administration team who are responsible for the Finances, HR, Premises, Resources and Health & Safety for the whole organisation.
Central Admin also provide support to the Leadership Team for various projects and to the administrators based in each of our 9 centres to help them with their financial and administrative returns, IT problems and the many and varied issues they deal with on a daily basis created by our busy youth work teams.
Your role will initially be to support the Central Admin team in the areas of Finance, HR and the control of resources. Also to support the Partnerships and Project Lead in the administration of the many and varied projects we run in addition to our core youth work.
Depending on your interests, the role will continue to develop into supporting the maintenance of our Premises and meeting our Health & Safety obligations.
Your duties will initially include:
- Answering the telephone, receiving visitors and dealing with enquiries from colleagues within the organisation and those from outside the organisation;
- Supporting the finance team with administrative tasks;
- Placing orders with a variety of suppliers for goods and services requisitioned by our administrators;
- Supporting HR processes for recruitment with communications, supply of information to potential candidates and creation of HR files for newly appointed colleagues;
- Supporting the Projects and Partnerships Lead with the administration and tracking of individual projects;
- Using our IT systems to support the above - Google based apps (training and support will be given).
After the successful completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship you may consider progressing onto a Higher Apprenticeship. There may also be an opportunity to become a permanent member of staff.
Any previous experience with the following would be beneficial but not essential
- Google Docs and Sheets (or Word and Excel)
Good communication skills, ICT skills and a good level of English and maths are essential
We are a relatively new charity which is continually growing and changing. In order for you to be successful in this post you will need to embrace and uphold our values. These are:
- INTEGRITY - Doing what’s right, even when no-one is watching
- RESPECT - Interacting with fairness, kindness and dignity
- DETERMINATION - We give people a second chance, and a third, fourth, fifth...
- COLLABORATIVE - Doing great things together and with others
- ACCOUNTABLE - Managing risk, taking responsibility and being accountable to each other and our stakeholders
- DYNAMIC - Creating fun and a little bit of weirdness
You will have
- A positive and approachable manner
- Team working skills
- A willingness to learn and develop
We hope you will develop into a multi-skilled and confident member of our organisation.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade 4-9 (A-C), including Maths and English (or equivalent).
You will receive training in the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College one day per week to work towards the following:
- Level 3 Business Administrator (Standard)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.