What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the teaching staff
- To work under the direction of the class teacher to support child development and learning.
- Assist the teaching staff in the delivery of class-based tasks to groups or individual students
- Provide other support in the classroom as determined by the academy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To train for Level 3 Teaching Assistant standard and work with the Priory Apprenticeships to support coursework assignments and observations, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship training can be found on the below link: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Teaching Assistant workshops located in Lincoln
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Willoughby Academy is a member of The Priory Federation of Academies Trust, an established and supportive MAT. Our scale allows both flexibility and creativity in terms of career development, with permanent and secondment opportunities across our academies allowing exciting career pathways. We are determined in our mission to improve the life chances of our pupils and we are equally committed to the wellbeing and development of our staff. All our support staff benefit from annual appraisals, access to CPD opportunities, our Trust Employee Benefits Programme and excellent support from our HR team.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Logical, Team working, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential