What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the provision of practical requirements
- Maintenance of facilities and resources
- Maintenance of a safe working environment and safety standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/laboratory-technician/
- Full induction onto the programme
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Workshops located in Lincoln, typically held once a month
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
he Priory Ruskin Academy is a member of The Priory Federation of Academies Trust, an established and supportive MAT. Our scale allows both flexibility and creativity in terms of career development, with permanent and secondment opportunities across our academies allowing exciting career pathways. We are determined in our mission to improve the life chances of our students and we are equally committed to the wellbeing and development of our staff. All our support staff benefit from annual appraisals, access to CPD opportunities, our Trust Employee Benefits Programme and excellent support from our HR team.
Reality CheckGCSE Maths and English Grade C and above, or equivalent are required for this role. However, applications will be considered for this position from candidates who do not hold these qualifications as Functional Skills training will be given to the successful applicant. Good interpersonal skills are vital, with a desire to develop techniques to motivate and support young people.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential