What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure a high quality service is provided that meets the needs of the Academy
- Support members of the leadership, teaching and support with general administrative work which includes the use of all Microsoft packages
- To include reception duties, greeting and signing in visitors
- Answering telephone calls, typing, filing, photocopying and general office duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship training can be found on the below link: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Workshops located in Lincoln, typically held once a month
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Priory Ruskin Academy is a member of The Priory Federation of Academies Trust, an established and supportive MAT. Our scale allows both flexibility and creativity in terms of career development across our academies allowing exciting career pathways. We are determined in our mission to improve the life chances of our students and we are equally committed to the wellbeing and development of our staff. All our support staff benefit from annual appraisals, access to CPD opportunities, our Trust Employee Benefits Programme and excellent support from our HR team.
Reality CheckGCSE Maths and English Grade C and above, or equivalent are required for this role. However, applications will be considered for this position from candidates who do not hold these qualifications as Functional Skills training will be given to the successful applicant. Good interpersonal skills are vital, with a desire to develop techniques to motivate and support young people.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential