This role will be mainly assisting the Husbandry grooms carry out all of the day-to-day care and initial stage rehabilitation, there will also be the opportunity to spend time with other departments such as Equine training, Discovery and Fundraising.
Main duties will consist of:
- Care of stabled and barn kept horses
- Skipping out paddocks
- Care of and feeding horses over 180 acres of pasture
- Turning out/bringing in
- Rug changing
- Treatment of minor injuries, sweet itch and foot abscesses etc.
- Exercising horses from the ground – horse walker/in hand/lunge
- Assisting grooms handling youngsters and feral horses
- Assisting with the vet/farrier/dentist
Possibility of Level 3 on completion of Level 2.
Ideally applicants will have own transport to HorseWorld (not essential but beneficial), as public transport is limited on weekends. Please ensure that you can attend in a safe and timely manner before applying.
- Some equine experience would be beneficial
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
C/4 in GCSE maths and English, Level 1 + Functional Skills or equivalent.
- Equine Groom Level 2
Full training provided by Haddon Training.