- Working as part of a small team
- Ensure projects are delivered to technical and customer specification
- All tasks completed in line with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and regulation
- No previous experience is necessary but your enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team is essential
Following completion of the apprenticeship scheme you will have the opportunity to progress to lead a team which will enhance your penitential earnings.
Working outside in all weathers. Working on a shift pattern with being flexible to complete overtime to ensure the business needs are met.
There are three different shift pattern, working the weekly hours over 7 days a week including Saturday and Sunday. Early – 6am – 15:30 Mid 7:30am – 17:00 Late 11am – 20:30 Overtime available and enhanced rates up to 1.9 the basic hourly rate.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
No previous experience required.
- Willing to learn
Applicants will need to have GCSE's in the A* to E Range (9 to 2) or equivalent.
Water Process Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship The course is made up of lectures, tutorials, workshops and practicals.
There are 13 units altogether, these are:
- Understanding employment rights and responsibilities in the energy and utility sector
- Understanding main laying of ductile iron pipes
- Understanding the main laying of plastic pipe materials
- Understanding main laying: butt fusion of polyethylene pipes
- Understanding main laying: electrofusion of polyethylene pipes
- Understanding how to carry out main repairs
- Understanding how to carry out alterations to existing mains
- Understanding the installation of polyethylene service pipes
- Understanding the installation of new copper service pipe
- Understanding how to make service pipe connections, under pressure, using dual spindle machines
- Understanding how to make service pipe connections, under pressure, using single spindle machines
- Understanding electrofusion jointing for polyethylene pipes and ferrules in service laying
- Understanding the repair and modification of service pipe
- Understanding the installation of water meters and proprietary boundary box systems