What will the apprentice be doing?
- Use cloud software to carry out accurate observations of the children
- Discuss next steps and plan activities based on the children's needs
- Work under superiors to deliver plans optimally specific to EYFS
- Look after children at all times
- Read and understand the policies and procedures
- Meal times / nappy changing and all support required by nursery staff
- Understand and utilize the company's recruitment process
- manage staff rotas to comply with ratio requirements
- Work with team to make sure the apprentice is trained to run a nursery at an operational level
- critical skills for future managerial roles.
- working with the nursery manager to manage the pre-schoolers.
- Older children require more focus to ensure they are school ready for reception.
- learning to develop enhanced monitoring, observation and planning to help the children grow.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Training to be provided by Professional Training Solutions in partnership with Hatching Dragons.
At the end of this apprenticeship, you will have aquired a level 2 early years practitioner qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The expected career progression from this apprenticeship would be a level 3 early years educator
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4- A/9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4-A/9) Desired