They take horses from British Novice level to competing at 1.50m international shows run the show jumping yard. They work very hard producing young horses and bringing them up to top international level.
General duties to include;
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- Paddock maintenance
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Possibility of Level 3 Horse Care Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2
- Accommodation available
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Some experience with horses would be beneficial
Please include all information within your application form. Please note that blank application forms will not be considered.
- Successful candidate will have an interest in show-jumping and will be a confident rider
- Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English
Full training through the Horse Care Apprenticeship supported by Haddon Training.
- Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard