What will the apprentice be doing?
- We are a small team and work closely together in a relaxed environment. We pride ourselves in having a high level of customer service coupled with a bright work environment.
As a small salon you will be expected to join in on the everyday running of a salon.
We are located in the town centre within 2 minutes walk from the bus station.
Main duties to include:
- Helping clients decide their ideal haircut and hairstyle
- Complete haircutting techniques, including trims, layers and texturizing
- Performs hair colouring methods, such as highlights and ombre
- Hair styling, including blowouts, curls, braids, weaves, twists, ponytails and up dos
- Upsell clients on products and services
- Develop ongoing relationships with clients
- Keep a clean station and sanitises all tools
Working hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 9am - 6pm (1 hour for lunch)
Salary is NMW and dependent on age;
16-17 = £4.81
18-20 = £6.83
21-22 = £9.18
23+ = £9.50
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating. On completion of this 24 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 Hair Professional
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?The successful applicant will be trained to managerial standard and opportunity for promotion will be available..
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Creative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired