What will the apprentice be doing?
Front of House 1: Up to 23 years old £9.25; 23 years old and over £9.55
Front of House 2: Up to 23 years old £9.55; 23 years old and over £9.70
Your role will help us to ensure that every customer leaves wanting to return, through living our values of genuine service, one team, be the best you can be and community.
You will be our customers’ main connection with Prezzo and demonstrate great service by being welcoming, passionate, engaging and attentive. You’ll play as big a part in creating a memorable dining experience as the amazing food you’ll serve. You will live and
breathe our values of Genuine Service, One Team, Be the Best You Can Be and Community, whilst constantly striving toward our goal of Ensuring Every Customer Leaves Wanting to Return.
Customers - Genuine Service
- Making sure every customer leaves wanting to return, by ensuring that you and your team go above and beyond our customer’s expectations at every opportunity.
- You will have a welcoming, engaging and attentive manner, a love for food, and the ability to recommend our products with genuine passion.
- Acknowledging and genuinely greeting customers with a smile as they arrive at the restaurant, helping to create a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Ensuring that you understand and comply with the Prezzo Steps of Service and that they are delivered to all guests.
- Ensuring orders are taken promptly and queries dealt with, assessing customers’ needs and preferences and making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to display confidence and strong menu knowledge and suggestive selling to improve the guest experience at the appropriate time
- Actively selling and recommending additional menu items and drinks, where appropriate, to increase sales and drive average spend per head (ASPH).
- Anticipating guests needs and aiming to deliver service where the guest never has to ask for anything.
- Ensuring excellent service standards by being attentive and available to your customers, checking back after each course is delivered, and handling any requests in a timely manner.
- Ensuring your section and working areas are kept clean and tidy and all times.
- Taking payment from customers promptly, ensuring all transactions are completed accurately and the correct money is exchanged.
- Customer Service
- Trust, Honesty & Integrity
- Interpersonal relationship building
Team - One Team
- Supporting the management team in ensuring the restaurant is fully set for service in line with all checklists and cleaning schedules, audit standards and brand standards.
- Setting an example for your colleagues by demonstrating a passion for people, genuine service and food.
- Working with your colleagues to promote a positive working environment and a healthy and respectful relationship between the front of house and back of house teams.
- A strong team ethic and the drive help others.
- Working with all restaurant team members and Prezzo employees in a collaborative manner to help create a positive atmosphere.
- Effective and professional handling of any guest complaint, informing the manager immediately
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full training will be given on the Level 2 Hospitality Team Member standard.
- Maths and English Functional Skills are available if required.
- You will undergo the usual company induction programme which includes training on Health and Safety including allergen training etc. in a kitchen.
- You will be supported by a HIT Training Professional Trainer.
- You will gain the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Catering and Hospitality.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified, we have the opportunity to progress into a management role such as Duty Manager which has its own internal development programme as well.
Reality CheckA great start to a Professional Career
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired