Duties will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children –changing nappies, feeding, caring, and establishing a relationship with children
- Working (under supervision) to provide all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day-to-day learning and play activities
- Ensuring that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborating with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attending team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Being able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contributing towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the Early Learning Years' sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training. When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
You will have to agree to undergo a check of police records (e.g. a DBS) and be willing to subscribe to the DBS Update Service. For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Questions to ask:
Q1: What attracts you to working in the Childcare Industry?
Q2: What do you hope to achieve in the next 5 years?
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.90 from the 1st April 2019, however most settings offer a pay review with potential wage increase upon completion of probation.
DBS Compliance Statement:
Parenta is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. Successful applicants for our roles must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
- You will need good communication skills (written and verbal) with a wide range of people
- Comfortable with creative thinking
- Good organisational skills
- Confident in working with children
- Experience of working/participating in a team environment
- Good listening skills
- Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity family centred childcare
- Warm, caring and approachable
- Open to change and a team player
- Calm approach
- Committed and motivated attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Be passionate about caring for children
No minimum GCSE requirement
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work-based learning
Parenta have many opportunities available and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom-based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.