Cold harbour grazing are excited to be offering an apprentice groom position, to join their professional and friendly team.
Duties will include:
- We specialise in the rehabilitation and breaking of all horses
- Our yard has exceptional facilities, using state of the art hydrotherapy tread mills to help with rehabilitation
- We also deal with breaking horses, pre-training, grass livery and foaling
- Our small breeding programme on the farm has several spaces for mares for foaling for our clients and our own, we have plenty of experience in handling young stock
- There is plenty of opportunity to learn and alongside general yard duties and horse care management, there also may be riding for the right candidate
You will be experienced in handling horses.
Possibility of progressing to a Level 3 Horse Care and Management Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2.
- Previous experience with horses is desirable
Successful candidate will be;
- Ambitious to succeed within the equine industry
- Confident handling and riding horses
- Motivated and hard-working
- Able to use your own initiative
- Happy to work outside in all weather
C+ in GCSEs or equivalent.
Full training through the Level 2 Equine Apprenticeship Standard supported by Haddon Training.