Barleyfields Equestrian is one of Derbyshire’s premier equestrian centres set in over 50 acres of countryside. Barleyfields is privately owned by the Gill family and prides itself on being a friendly, safe place to ride.
Duties to include:
- Mucking out
- Turning out / bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
On completion of your L2 there may be an opportunity to complete your L3.
Ability to bring your own horse.
- A passion for horses and their welfare
- A willingness to learn new skills
Ability to complete your L1/L2 functional skills (if required).
Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship standard.
All Apprenticeship Training covered by Haddon Training.