Hurston Dressage and Eventing are looking for a motivated candidate who will uphold a high standard of care, whilst learning about managing high level competition horses.
Each week is different – opportunities to travel to training, shows, as well as hacking lunging and having lessons with a UKCC L3 coach and BD Judge.
Must be willing to work hard, with a good sense of humour!
To work alongside existing full and part time grooms and rider/coach.
Some general duties will include;
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid training
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Travelling to and grooming at shows
Possibility of Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2
- Some equine experience would be beneficial
- Must be hard working and willing to learn
Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English, or have C/4 and above in GCSEs or equivalent.
- Supported by Haddon Training
- Level 2 Equine Groom