Great opportunity for a competent apprentice to join an International show jumping yard in Manchester. The successful candidate must have experience and be able to ride young horses confidently. Working days will be Wednesday - Sunday and the apprentice will be paid more than the apprenticeship wage.
General duties will include:
- Mucking out
- Assisting with the riding school
- Laying beds
- Rug changes
- Feeds, hay nets
- Paddock maintenance
- Grooming at competitions
Possibility of Level 3 Horse Care Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2.
Possibility to take own horse.
- Experience with horses is essential
Please note that candidates with no experience will not be considered for this position.
The successful candidate will be;
- Confident riding young horses
- Ambitious to succeed in the equine industry
- Hard working with a positive attitude
- Willing to work outside in all weather
Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English, or C/4 in GCSE or equivalent.
Full training provided through the Equine Apprenticeship supported by Haddon Training.
- Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship