Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
Fiona Diane Davidson
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
We are a dedicated team that put our all into properly educating and producing competition / event / hunting horses, from breaking to top level.
We are currently recruiting for a hard-working and enthusiastic Equine Groom to join our busy and friendly team to learn the ropes of working on a competition yard as well as gaining your Level 2 Equine Groom qualification.
We have lots of opportunities on offer, including riding for capable candidates as well as travelling and assisting at some of the top events.
General duties to include;
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- Riding – if capable
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Travel to events and assist with competition grooming
No accommodation available, but livery possible if required (chargeable)
- Possibility of Level 3 Senior Groom on completion of Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Haddon Training will contact you within one week of application
- Must be capable of handling fit competition horse
- Preferably already be able to ride to a fairly high standard
- Really enthusiastic
- Passionate about learning the ropes of a competition yard
- Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in maths and English Functional Skills
Training ProvidedFull training supported by Haddon Training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.