Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Routine yard and field duties:
- Mucking out, poo-picking, watering, feeding, tidying and cleaning
- Handling horses: turning out and bringing in from the fields, taking on and off horse walker, washing off, grooming, tacking up
- Handling tack and equipment; rugging up, cleaning tack
- Assisting with competition preparation and travelling
- Occasional competition and training groom
Previous equine handling experience required.
Support given to additional training courses and qualifications eg pony club tests
Personal qualities: work to very high standards, able to follow instructions, attention to detail and willing to learn, be observant with good communication skills, kind & caring, conscientious & dedicated, honest, reliable, loyal, trustworthy, punctual & good time keeping, self-motivated and happy to work alone and as part of a team, positive & enthusiastic, have a love for the job and most importantly LOVE horses.
Future ProspectsPossibility of Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2
Skills RequiredEquine experience is an essential. Please do not apply if you are a beginner/novice rider
Qualities RequiredHard working, high standards, good communication
Qualifications RequiredMust be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English
Full training provided through the Equine Apprenticeship supported by Haddon Training:
- Level 2 Equine Apprenticeship
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.