What will the apprentice be doing?
Our new apprentice will be involved with a variety of
duties, some of which will include:
- Assisting with the planning of the curriculum.
- Helping to set up the playroom for the daily programme and
to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- Ensuring that the setting is clean and hygienic.
- Acting as a keyworker to a small group of children, liaising
closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Keeping tapestry up to date using an iPad for every key
- Plan next steps and assist in the development of key
- Report and track areas of concern with the Manager and the
- To advise the Nursery Manager of any concerns e.g. over
children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To guide children, offering an appropriate level of support
- To attend staff meetings and staff training.
- To attend parents evenings.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
Functional Skills in English and maths if required.
End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional Discussion.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and/or progression onto level 3.
Reality CheckSuccessful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. Please consider how you will travel to the place of work, particularly if you reply on public transport.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired