We are looking for an apprentice to join our small team and work with our families and children in our rural setting.
The vacancy is for a level 2 apprentice who will be mentored and supported to complete their qualification while gaining hands on experience through working in the role. This will involve a variety of daily responsibilities including planning activities, interacting with and observing children and delivering adult guided activities.
Key Responsibilities and duties include:
- Planning activities for a key group of children
- Observing key children and completing assessments
- Delivering adult guided time for the whole group
- Setting up and delivering activities
- Preparing snack and supervising lunch time
- Cleaning and tidying of the setting
- Keeping the children safe and showing an awareness of safeguarding and health and safety
- Working as part of a team
Opportunity to learn and develop within the company.
This is an active role with lots of time spent outside and getting up and down off the floor. You will be busy and will be with the children all day so patience and a caring attitude are a must.
- You will need good communication skills with both adults and children and will be expected to speak appropriately at all times
- Experience of working in a team is an advantage but willingness to learn and a desire to work with children long term is essential
- A high standard of written, verbal and listening skills are required
- Willingness to learn
- Reliable and trustworthy with an appreciation of confidentiality
- Professional in appearance and behaviour
- Patient, caring and kind
- Confident to ask questions and state own views and opinions
English and maths at GCSE C/4 or equivalent
- Full Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
- Functional skills if required