OVERALL JOB PURPOSE/RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty, punctually, wearing correct uniform
- To adhere to dress, equipment and personal hygiene standards at all times
- To check rota and be flexible to work when requested
- To observe all procedures laid out in the company's standards
- To ensure the food is prepared to the correct standard
- To carry out any reasonable duties as required by the demands of the business and management
- To ensure communication is kept between all sections
- To monitor the quality and presentation of dishes so that only those which meet the highest standards are served to customers
- To observe the company’s fire plan and health and safety policy
- To observe the rules and procedures of the company
- To learn and retain specific specifications and menu items to ensure food quality is met
- To ensure the company’s food GP is met and reduce wastage
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef
Please note that due to the location of the hotel the successful applicant must have their own transport and that there is no staff accommodation available with this position.
Full training will be given and apprenticeship courses are available where you can work towards achieving a catering qualification.
Once trained our will be able to move up the ladder within the kitchen or transfer to other departments (position dependant).
- Keen to learn and adapt to ever changing daily needs of the business
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
In house training including basic food hygiene, basic health and safety, first aid.
HIT training chef qualification includes modules in Preparation and cooking methods and finishing dishes including meat, poultry, vegetables, soups, stocks, sauces, game, fish, shellfish, cakes and desserts.