Preparation of dish elements prior to service using an array of different techniques and methods.
Working closely alongside chef de parties to assist with the preparation of ingredients and elements for dishes during services. Ensure the quality of the food items produced meet requirements. They receive, check and correctly store deliveries as well as checking and reporting food items and stock levels. You will also be will be responsible for maintaining high standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene in your section.
You will work a 4 day week involving a lunch and dinner shift. Staff meals will also be provided as well as the laundering of your apron. There will be organised staff trips to suppliers to get a better understanding of where our produce comes from.
We would hope at the end of your course you would join us as a full-time part of the team & depending on the knowledge, skills & passion you have developed through your course this would hopefully be to advance to a more senior position.
- Basic knowledge of all sections.
- Ability to work under the supervision of a limited range.
- Ability to produce good quality basic food.
- Understanding of health and safety.
- Understanding of basic food hygiene practices.
- Good oral communication.
- Team player, driven, punctual and enthusiastic.
- Keen to learn, passionate and friendly.
- Developing preparation and cooking skills.
- Advancing knowledge on cooking techniques.
- Training with more advanced cooking equipment i.e water baths, chargrills, vac pack machines & smokers.
- Allergen training.
- Cross-training on different sections within the kitchen.