What will the apprentice be doing?
The Orchard restaurant group was established in 2012 and is a family owned company that now operates two restaurant sites. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chef to come on board at our Vanstone Park site, which opened in 2017, not only to create delicious dishes, but also undertake a fully funded Level 2 Chef apprenticeship.
Operating 7 days a week, The Orchard at Vanstone Park offers breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea until 4pm daily. There are no evening shifts required! Thus, not only is this an opportunity to work within a professional kitchen where we are passionate about fresh food being prepared to order, there is time to progress & develop your own skills working towards your Level 2 qualification at a pace that suits you.
- We are looking for an individual who has experience in restaurant kitchens, but is passionate about progressing their career and developing their skills
- You will be required to work within the kitchen team to create freshly prepared dishes made to order, with an opportunity to get inventive with daily specials and baked treats
- You will be required on occasion to place orders (full training provided), but you need to have an understanding of stock rotation and techniques to minimise wastage
- You are someone who can maintain the kitchen to the highest standard and contribute to retaining our 5* EHO rating
- You are required to be a team player, bringing a positive mindset and great work ethic into the kitchen each day
- Training & support and a fully funded Level 2 apprenticeship
- A food allowance whilst on shift and discounts across both sites when off shift
- Pension contributions
- Access to an Employee Assist well-being programme, delivered by Health Assured
- Free car parking
- 40 hours a week contract
- Get paid for every hour worked (clock in & out digitally)
- No evening shifts required
- The opportunity to make your mark and get creative
- Future progression in a company that has a plan to grow
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a family owned business, we are always looking for new opportunities. Two sites is not the end for us, and we hope to continue to grow and develop our company, with the right team members pushing together to create an exciting future. We are also passionate about supporting those individuals who want to progress through the industry and actively train & promote staff to help reach their potential.
Reality CheckHourly Wage: Starting Salary £10-£10.50 depending on experience.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired