We are currently seeking to recruit an apprentice to join our team. You would take part in all operations within the kitchen environment. A normal day in the kitchen includes preparing food for both private functions and service, including afternoon tea, formal dining and banqueting.
You would need to show a strong interest in cooking, be able to multitask and have very strong communication skills.
The day-to-day duties include:
- Preparing and cooking in line with our exceptionally high standards
- Presenting food in a creative way, drawing attention to each part of the dish
- Safe storage & rotation of food, maintaining high standards of cleanliness
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work to the hotel’s high standards
- Ability to work as an efficient, reliable and flexible team member
- Ability to work in an organised and hygienic manner
Full-time permanent position upon completion.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- To be organised, take instruction and work in a hygienic manner
Food hygiene - although will provide training if required.
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard.