Level 2 Commis Chef Apprentice
Babington House Hotel
We are seeking an excellent and outgoing Apprentice Commis Chef to join our brigade. You'll be a team player and a quick learner with a passion for food and beverage. In return we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow with us as a company across the globe.
Apprentice Chef Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain all steps in the Customer Service cycle
- Ensuring all mis en place is completed before service
- Work to a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times, we operate with open kitchens
- Ensure the guest has an enjoyable experience
- All customer requests are catered
- Work closely with the other chefs in the brigade
- All health and safety regulations are met
Description of regular activities:
- Assisting the Chef de Partie with food preparation for members and guests
- Assisting with preparation for weddings and events menus
- Ensuring good hygiene and health and safety at all times
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes
- Helping with deliveries of stock
6 shifts per week 5 single + 1 double shift. Working 5 days, 2 days off.
Weekly rota including weekend and bank holiday working.
The successful candidate will be completing a qualification at the same time as working with their employer. This will be:
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
A commis chef is the most common starting position in many kitchens and in principal the most junior culinary role. A commis chef prepares food and carries out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. The primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. Therefore having the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where they feel most inspired. The learning journey of any chef will vary considerably from one individual to the next; however it is necessary to understand and have experience in the basics that this role provides in order to progress to any future senior chef role.
Functional Skills in English and maths
If you have not achieved these subjects at level one or GCSE or equivalent A-C 9-4 within the last five years, we will do them with you.
The Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and America. We offer a range of cuisines from rustic Italian to modern British. Working with us, you will have fun, get inspirational training, develop your career and have the chance to work with us around the globe, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
Long days, working weekends/bank holidays.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good command of English
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Sense of urgency
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Yes, yes, yes mentality
- Can do attitude
- Have a genuine passion for food and beverage
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.