Level 2 Childcare Apprentice
Michelle Lyn Sharp
What will you be overall responsible for?
- ALL TRAINING IS GIVEN ONSITE AND TO THE CANDIDATES PACE OF LEARNING
- Planning age appropriate activities for the Children;
- Delivering those planned activities;
- Observing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the progress of each of the Children; and reviewing, maintaining and updating records relating to each of the Children.
- Work with the Employer to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Children at all times, whilst at the setting, in transit and at other places;
- Soothe and comfort injured Children in line with the Employer’s policies and procedures; and
- Administer first aid/medical care to the extent authorised by the Employer in line with parental/guardian consent and the childminding assistant’s qualifications and experience.
- Adhere to employers policies and procedures
- Daily routines when eating
- Daily routines when bum changing and clothes changing
- Helping with toileting
- Helping with keeping a fun filled and happy environment
- Assisting with regular outings – soft play / library / park / upton country park / Elderly care home visits
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship you will be level 2 qualified and able to progress onto Level 3 opportunities
DBS CERTIFCATE WILL BE PAID FOR
PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID WILL BE PAID FOR
OFTSTED REGISTER WILL BE PAID FOR
E-LEARNING WILL BE SUGGESTED
OUT OF HOURS LEARNING WILL BE SUGGESTED
WEBINARS WILL BE SUGGESTED
ADDITIONAL TRANING SPECIFIC TO A CHILDS NEEDS WILL BE SOUGHT
4 WEEKS PAID HOLIDAY
AS WE ARE A HOME SETTING IT IS PRETTY FLEXIBLE ALBEIT CORE HOURS WOULD BE PREFERRED TO BE 9AM TO 4PM – SHOULD AN OPPORTUNITY ARISE FOR EARLY FINISHES THEN THIS CAN BE DISCUSSED. PARKING IS WITHIN THE CLOSE AND ALWAYS AVAILABLE – LUNCH IS GENERALLY WITH THE CHILDREN ALBEIT I WILL ALWAYS ENSURE A SIT DOWN QUIET SPACE IS OFFERED
- Ability to build strong relationships of trust with young people
- Enjoy having fun with little people and engaging in their amazing stories
- Be interested and want to join in with silly games
- Have a passion for caring for children and keeping them safe
- Be your best Mary Poppins you can be
- GCSE's Grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths are desired but not essential
Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2
- BTEC Diploma for Early Years Practitioners
- Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care, Children and Young People's Settings (RQF)
- Functional skills if required
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this 15 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 in Childcare
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.