If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Chef. We’re independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent.
We treat all our people like part of the family – you’ll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.As an Apprentice you will complete a 12 month on the job training programme, – so you can earn whilst you learn with our apprenticeship partner HIT Training.
From here you can continue the apprenticeship pathway or McMullen’s own in house training scheme. The successful candidate will undertake the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship https://hittraining.co.uk/production-chef-apprenticeship
So, if you’re as passionate as we are about great pubs and would enjoy helping to create a warm welcoming atmosphere in a busy pub offering classic pub dishes and local events then you could be our next Chef at our Macs Classic Pubs concept, an important part of the McMullen Family.
We can offer you…
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on key Bank Holidays
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen’s GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can earn while you learn
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive, hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. Own transport is required as there is no public transport to this site.
Progression onto a Level 3 apprenticeship or the McMullens Achievement Level 3.
- Some kitchen experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Good communication skills
- A positive, hands-on approach
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
None required, maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process.
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills maths and English