You will be working under the direction and guidance of an experienced supervisor on site whilst working towards a Bricklaying apprenticeship, achieving the skills and experience to become a fully operational tradesperson.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out relevant bricklaying duties as requested to required specifications
- Working to allocated times and project schedules
- Assisting with general labouring
- Setting out and laying bricks and blocks correctly and checking alignments
- Setting out and building brickwork, including simple arches and surrounding brickwork
- Shaping and trimming bricks by hand and power tools
- Selecting materials and resources to be able to set out and lay concrete, drainage and other substructure materials
- Determine quality and quantities of building material including mix ratios of mortar and concrete, areas and volumes of materials and resources
- Interpreting drawings and plans
- Working as part of a team and using materials safely
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers
- Using authorised plant and equipment safely and as supervised
- Adhere to relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice and apply safe working practices, including when working at heights. Safe use of ‘disc cutters’ and power cutters and the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary
- Raise any safety concerns with a manager or supervisor
- Taking part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonable required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the company
- General site work, keeping the workplace clean and tidy, helping to clear up at the end of the day
At the end of the Level 2 Apprenticeship, TrAC will work with you to ensure that you either progress on to a higher Apprenticeship or into full-time permanent employment.
This role is subject to a Drugs and Alcohol test.
- Previous construction experience would be beneficial but not essential
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and is keen to progress
- They are able to work alone and as part of a team
- They are highly motivated
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English.
Construction based work experience or previous College experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Training Provider is Multi-Trade Training.