As an apprentice bricklayer you will be involved with new build homes from start to finish. You will read drawings to understand what is required to enable a build. Set out the first row of bricks, ensuring the courses are straight and level. Learning about mortar, how to mix and apply to the bricks, shaping and trimming bricks. Know about the health and safety aspects involved with working at height and on site. Ensuring all work complies with the standards and procedures and that you abide by the safety rules.
What you will do:
- Measuring the work area and setting out the first row of bricks and the damp course
- Mixing mortar
- Laying bricks on top of each other and applying mortar with a trowel.
- Shaping and trimming bricks
- Ensuring the work is level
- You will be required to attend College on day release and complete all relevant coursework and exams
Opportunity to carry on as full time employed
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of Safety Issues
- Knowledge of Properties
- Keen to learn
GCSE Grades 3/D or above in maths and English or equivalent
Training ProvidedLevel 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship Standard
NVQ Level 2 in Bricklaying