What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be working with children between the ages of 0-5 years
organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children, providing all aspects of care/support to children
- Ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- You will also be working towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons.
- The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months,during which you will be working towards a Level 2
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work based learning
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Reality CheckBefore you make your application, please ensure that you can reliably travel to and from the employer location daily. Please check travel arrangements. You will have to agree to undergo a check of police records (e.g., a DBS) and be willing to subscribe to the DBS Update Service. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredOther Not Required (Grade None) Desired