What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with childrenWork (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons.
- The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months and you will be working towards a Level 2 in childcare
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work based learning
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Reality CheckBefore you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements. You will have to agree to undergo a check of police records (e.g., a DBS) and be willing to subscribe to the DBS Update Service. For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredOther Not Required (Grade None) Desired