What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist with carrying out permanent and/or temporary repairs (electrical, mechanical and structural) to buildings and equipment and the general maintenance, security and cleaning of the Academy premises and grounds.
- To have responsibility as key holder and work as part of the Site team on a rota basis.
- To assist with the non-routine use of buildings e.g setting up rooms for meetings, conferences and times where adapted classroom environments would be required (SATs). Cleaning of rooms afterwards.
- To assist with the security of the Academy; unlocking and securing on a rota basis.
- To assist with carrying out weekly fire tests and emergency lighting tests and maintain all mandatory records in relation to fire testing, service and repair, health and safety and other associated record keeping.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) to achieve Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative qualification
Property Maintenance workshops located in Lincoln
- Please note, the apprenticeship training will take place during the School Holidays.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of long-term employment within The Priory Federation of Academies.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness, Previous experience of role
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Other Basic I.T. skills (Grade Pass) Desired
Other First Aid certificate (Grade Pass) Desired
Other Health and Safety qualification (Grade Pass) Desired
Other Manual Handling Certificate (Grade Pass) Desired
Other Working at height qualification (Grade Pass) Desired