We have a small professional team who are proud to produce food that surpasses the expectation of locals and visitors alike. Our Head Chef is keen to share his knowledge of over 30 years in hospitality to develop new talent.
Daily Tasks include:
- Food preparation for Breakfast and Lunch
- Cooking / presenting garnish for Breakfast and Lunch
- Assist with receiving and checking daily deliveries and storing them safely
- Assist with cleaning all kitchen areas
- Work to recipes given
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Work 4 days a week
- Study 1 day a week
- Be mentored by our Professional Head Chef
- Be paid weekly
- Receive 28 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Free lunch
- Staff discount when you dine or drink with your family
- Free parking
- Staff tips
You will work up to 40 hours a week – with 1 day of college – which will include weekdays, weekends (on rotation) and evenings.
We don’t want to lose you! We hope that with our training and help our Apprentice will wish to stay at The Heath Café Bar to gain more experience, work towards more qualifications and progress to next level of Chef position.
£7 - £9 per hour.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about cooking
- Ambition to learn
- Thrive on being part of team
- Enjoy working within a fast-paced short order kitchen
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Smart and tidy appearance
- Flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and evenings
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 maths & English Level 2 if required