Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprentice
BLUEBIRD CARE COMPANY LTD
Bluebird Care offers their customers support with personal care, domestic duties and enabling. As an apprentice, you will have a positive impact on people's lives every single day with support from qualified staff and on-going training in conjunction with Exeter College.
Your Main Responsibilities may Include:
- Ensuring that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans and understand the individualised needs and choices of residents.
- Depending on the needs of the individual, you may be assisting with daily care, helping with dressing/undressing, washing, bathing and personal hygiene where necessary whilst encouraging as much independence as possible.
- General domestic duties such as helping to make and change beds, and assist with housework, dusting, polishing, and emptying commodes, as may be required.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment with due regard to appropriate food hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- To participate in the on-going evaluation of the Care Plans.
- To participate in training activities/courses, as directed by senior staff.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary and as reasonably instructed by Senior Staff/person in charge.
Bluebird Care are offering a competitive rate of pay for starting apprentices which is well above the apprenticeship minimum rate. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be supported to progress onto a higher programme. You may also be offered permanent employment, should there be a vacancy.
Please note, the start date is flexible and the closing date is therefore subject to change.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be supported to progress onto a higher programme. You may also be offered permanent employment, should there be a vacancy. For further information and advice, you can call the Apprenticeships and Employment Hub at Exeter College on 01392 400908.
You don't need any prior experience of care, as you will be trained so you are confident to give customers amazing support to live the lives they chose.
You should have good time management and attention to detail.
Applicants should be willing to undertake additional specialised training such as end of life and dementia.
- maths and English GCSE's grades 4-9 (A-C) or equivalent, or willing to work towards Functional Skills if these grades haven't been achieved.
- A full driving licence is desirable due to travel to users own homes.
Adult Care Worker Level 2
You will receive full training at the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College once a week to work towards the following:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adult)
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths and English (where required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.