To maintain vigilant supervision of pool users and ensure their safety at all times.
- To administer first aid, effect pool rescues and apply resuscitation as necessary
- To comply with the Centre's Health and Safety procedures at all times
- To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner, delivering outstanding service
- To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately
- To carry out cleaning duties as necessary
- To wear the prescribed staff uniform at all times
- To carry out patrols of the Centre
- To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment
- To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures
- To assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre
- To maintain any suggested training requirements.
At Tooting Leisure Centre you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member Standard Level 2 over the course of 15 months.
Swimming Teacher/ Duty Manager/ Fitness Instructor
- Jump/Dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using ladders/steps
- Excellent Customer Service
- Good Attention to detail
- Team Player
No previous qualifications required.
Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English
- NPLQ Qualifications in house training given