What will the apprentice be doing?
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship. There are five key areas of work all leisure team members will cover, leisure and fitness operations, lifeguard duties, swimming teaching duties, gym instruction and leading group activities. You will act as a Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Gym Instructor and Group Activity Leader amongst other operational duties.
You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1 and 2 Swim Teaching and NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications as part of this apprenticeship.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
Progression within the company is a core value, and on completion of your apprenticeship you will have plenty of opportunities to progress and develop within the company.
This is a full-time position, and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification)
- Instructing Exercise and Fitness Level 2 Swim Teaching Level 1 and 2 (If you don't have GCSE C+)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Mathematics
- Functional Skills Level 2 English
- Functional Skills Level 2 ICT
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential Progression to Team Leader and then onto Duty Management training.
Reality CheckThe key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early This role requires evening and weekend working on a rota basis.
Skills RequiredTeam Working, Organisation Skills
Qualifications RequiredOther None required (Grade None required) Desired