At Everyone Active you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.
You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process. In order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
- Be confident to talk to the general public
- A team player
No previous qualifications required.
- Leisure Team Member Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and maths