Leisure Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard Apprentice
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations & Leisure Management Level 2 apprenticeship and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be required to work towards the following leisure qualification:
- NPLQ (If necessary based on site requirements for pool operations)
- Level 2 Leisure Operations
- Level 2 Employment Awareness
Your duties will include:
- Effective communication with other team members
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Maintenance of company standards at all times
- Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
- Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
- Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work between 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term 12-month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full-time position.
The apprenticeship will be based both indoor and outdoor in a range of different leisure environments.
Competence training is completed every month to ensure skills are kept up to date and each colleague is eligible to work in the specific areas of our leisure facilities.
Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.
- A strong work ethic including attention to detail, willingness to adapt to change, and time management
- A positive attitude to work and act as a role model within their local community
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in their actions; can demonstrate integrity by doing the right thing; exhibits high levels of emotional intelligence
- A willingness to learn and contribute to their own continuing professional development
- No Previous Qualifications are required (All required qualifications will be delivered as part of the apprenticeship)
- Maths and English GCSE are not required as Functional Skills Level 1 will be delivered as part of the apprenticeship if no prior achievement is present
- Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.