Leisure Professional Apprentice
ICON VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
As an apprentice you can expect a combination of practical experience gained around the leisure centre and support in gaining your apprenticeship qualification, giving you a solid foundation as you embark on an exciting career in leisure.
Daily duties could include:
- Helping with inductions/fitness plans/lessons
- Front of house service
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking bookings
- Processing payments
- Maintenance of all areas - pool/gym/studios
Fusion Lifestyle invest heavily in the development of apprentices and employees, allowing you to reach your full potential. Many of our Senior Managers started off as lifeguards and you may be interested in our Management Development Programme too, which develops front line staff into future managers.
- Flexibility and ability to work various shifts, including some weekend work is required.
- As an apprentice your starting salary will be £5.00 per hour. As your capability and qualifications increase, your rate of pay will also rise within 6-8 months when you meet defined milestones.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong communication skills and confidence to interact with customers
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to lead active lifestyles
- Must be a strong swimmer with a good level of fitness
- A genuine interest in and passion for the fitness/leisure industry
- Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Pool Plant operations
- Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
- Opportunity to complete ASA swimming qualifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.