Leisure Operations Apprentice duties to include:
- Set up/take down sports and other equipment for customer activities
- Supervision of swimmers in and around pool areas (when NPLQ qualified) and maintenance of safety standards
- Assist with supervision and co-ordination of customer activities as required
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building
- Provide assistance to customers with locker, vending or other problems and respond to customer enquiries
- Ensure vending machines are filled and carry out stock rotation and checks when deliveries arrive
- Maintain daily records sheets as directed, check that items of furniture, fittings and equipment are operating in a safe manner and report any defects
- Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with NLT procedures
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons and to comply with all policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the Trust
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Community Activator Coach apprenticeship standard with Babcock Training. This will involve one to one training with a Regional Trainer who will meet with you on a regular basis.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
Job is temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent - Career progression leading into roles such as; Recreation Assistant, Coaching, Teaching or ultimately to a Leisure Management role.
You must have a good standard of fitness and be a competent swimmer. You will be working on a shift rota which includes evenings and weekends, shifts between the hours of 6.30am - 10.00pm. Work involves some cleaning, lifting and carrying.
In house and external training opportunities to aid development. Use of facilities to maintain health and fitness, 22 days leave plus Bank Holidays.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. You will be contacted shortly by your Apprentice Recruitment Advisor to discuss your application for this Apprenticeship; if they can’t get hold of you they will text you their contact details.
- Good communication skills
- You should have a good standard of fitness and be a competent swimmer as you will be required to gain the RLSS NPLQ Qualification
- You should have an interest in health and fitness
- Be a people person
- You must be friendly and helpful with good customer care
- A hard working, motivated and flexible individual
- Able to work as a team member and on own initiative
No formal qualifications are required.
Level 2 Community Activator Coach
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.