Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard Apprenticeship
Lammas Leisure Centre
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Everyone Active are looking for candidates to work towards their Leisure Operations Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
Your role will be varied, and you will work across the leisure centre including pool side where you will be lifeguarding and ensure the safety of our customers.
The job will involve:
- Effective communication with other team members
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Maintenance of company standards at all times
- Provision of safe and effective pool supervision
- Building cleanliness and undertaking other various housekeeping duties
- Building and being part of a successful and well-motivated team
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration, and you will be employed on a fixed term 12-15 month contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Everyone Active are the sectors leading operator who has been voted Operator of the Year for the last 2 consecutive years. Working with 40 Local Authorities, operating 140 leisure facilities nationwide.
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full-time position.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.
No previous qualifications required.
- Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.