You will act as a Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Gym Instructor and Group Activity Leader. You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the Centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focused approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the Centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process. In order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 meters in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 meters continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Potential for on-going training and development following successful completion of apprenticeship. This programme offers development routes onto Lifeguarding, Personal Training & Swim Teaching.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20-year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020.
The key dates within this advert are to be used as a guide only.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Candidates must be active, with an energetic nature
- Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship
No qualifications are required for this role.
- Leisure Team Member L2
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT