Our two year paralegal apprenticeship is aimed at those that have completed A Levels or equivalent studies. On the Level 3 Paralegal Standard we offer in addition the Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services, which is equivalent to the first year of a law undergraduate degree.
The paralegal apprenticeship offers an introduction to the fundamentals of legal practice and provides a combination of learning and working within one of our legal teams, to build your knowledge and the skills required to work as a Litigation Assistant at Kennedys. In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you will have a personal tutor and student manager at BPP, to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies. We offer a competitive salary (paying at least the UK Living wage both in and outside of London), giving you the opportunity to earn while you learn.
- Assist the fee earners in managing and monitoring their email and voicemails
- Assist fee earners with caseload, subject to close supervision, working efficiently, effectively and economically
- Open and close legal files on Kennedys case management system
- Carry out legal research when requested
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Carry out document management including requests, scanning, faxing and filing
- Carry out any photocopying, binding and bundling as required
- Produce standard correspondence as required
- Engage in diary management and assist in the organisation of meetings or events
- Hand deliver documents to court and other offices when required
- Handle telephone communication from internal colleagues and external clients
We are offering the Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services, which is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate university degree.
Once the two year paralegal apprenticeship has been completed, apprentices who would like to continue their learning may have the opportunity to join the Level 7 solicitor apprenticeship. This takes four years to complete and involves the completion of a (Hons) degree in legal practice and will lead to qualifying as a solicitor.
BPP University Law School is our learning provider for our apprenticeships and they have various UK locations, making it easily accessible for apprentices in all of our UK offices.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.
- Competent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Motivated with great attention to detail
Minimum of 120 UCAS from top 3 A Levels in addition to 8 GCSEs at grade C, including maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.